Career Development & Next Generation Committee
The Career Development & Next Generation Committee’s mission is to network with NAPSLO members to create interest, awareness and enthusiasm about careers in surplus lines with bright, enthusiastic college students. The Committee also encourages the exchange of educational and industry information and promotes professionalism among NAPSLO’s Next Generation members, and is an avenue for young insurance professionals to become more involved in the surplus lines community.
NAPSLO members who would like more information about NAPSLO career outreach to key schools should visit the Career Development webpage.
NAPSLO members interested in learning about NAPSLO’s Next Generation (the Association’s under 40 organization) should visit the NAPSLO's Next Generation webpage.
2015-2016 Committee Members
Josh Ammons, AmWINS Brokerage
Phil April, Seneca Specialty
Frank Baron, Zurich
Alyssa Bouchard, AAMGA
Nicholas Carlin, Markel Corporation
Gray Collier, Bass Underwriters
Laura Corwin, Vela Insurance Services
Brad Craner, Zurich
Justin Crawford, OneBeacon Insurance Group
Joe Dahlvig, Admiral Insurance Company
Brett Dresner, Partners Specialty Group, LLC
Gary Dubois, Pioneer Special Risk
John Farrey, Burns & Farrey, P.C.
Tish Fournet, Risk Placement Services, Inc.
Rebecca Gitig, Aspen Insurance
Brett Glaser, General Star
Nick Graham, Nautilus Insurance Group
Melanie Gross, AmWINS Brokerage
Kathleen Hennessy-Buchanan, Vela Insurance Services
Matthew Jarrett, AmWINS Brokerage
Leslie Lloyd, McClelland & Hine, Inc.
Samantha Longo, Worldwide Facilities, LLC
Scott Mackie, XL Catlin
Gregory May, Allied World
Lindsay Moore, Worldwide Facilities, LLC
Christa Nadler, RPS Chicago
Katie Olson, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Chris Peterson, Chris-Leef General Agency
Irina Reym, General Star Management
Nicole Ricigliano, Markel Wholesale
Robert Sanders,Jr., Preferred Specialty, LLC
Scott Sauter, Sompo Canopius
Bart Schaffer, Colony Specialty
Jessica Shirah, Endurance
Brian Sloan, Great American Insurance Group
Katie Stautberg, Great American Insurance Group
Lee Tatum, All Risks, Ltd.
Wade Vache, Hallmark Financial Services, Inc.
Jeff Witzgall, Great American Insurance
Joe Zuk, Atlas General Insurance Services, LLC
Committee Staff Support
2016-2017 Committee Goals & Action Items
- College Outreach
- Review plans for outreach in 2016-2017 to continue the progress made in the last year.
- Target schools for outreach and recruitment continue to include, but are not limited to: Appalachian State University, Baylor University, California State-Fullerton, California State-Sacramento, Drake University, East Carolina University, Florida State University, Gannon University, Georgia State University, Illinois State University, Iowa University, Middle Tennessee State University, Mississippi State University, Missouri State University, Ole Miss, Olivet College, St. John's University, Troy University, University of Colorado-Denver, University of Georgia, University of Louisiana-Monroe, University of Central Arkansas, University of Missouri, University of North Carolina-Charlotte, University of North Texas, University of Wisconsin and Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Consider greater NAPSLO involvement in regular school events such as career fairs and insurance days.
- Continue to evaluate existing programs alongside recommendations from NAPSLO educational partners.
- Continue to align efforts with the Derek Hughes/NAPSLO Educational Foundation to maximize synergies.
- NAPSLO's Next Generation Leadership Council (NGLC)
- NGLC Co-Chairs coordinate with other NGLC members assigned to NAPSLO standing committees and report on their Next Generation related activity.
- Plan and coordinate Next Generation events, in conjunction with Committee, at 2017 Annual Convention.
- Continue successful Mentorship Program for 2017.
Committee materials are available through the NAPSLO mobile app for Committee members.