Member Private Functions
On-Site Function Meeting Space
Meeting space reservation forms are available for download and submission to WSIA for your firm’s meeting needs. Please complete the appropriate fillable form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. WSIA has control of all meeting space and outlet usage at both Annual Marketplace hotels. Forms will not be processed unless you have registered for the Marketplace. WSIA has the right to cancel any function booked at the Marketplace hotels without prior approval by a WSIA staff member.
Meeting space is no longer available at the Manchester Grand Hyatt for day meetings from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Meeting space is still available for day meetings at the Marriott Marquis San Diego. Rooms for receptions are available at both hotel properties. Suite space is sold out at both properties at this time.
Meeting Space Reservation Form
Listed below is the sliding scale for allocating meeting space based upon the number of attendees that are registered per firm. Space allocations apply only to space allocated for day meetings. There is no minimum attendee registration for receptions. WSIA reserves the right to place your meeting rooms at Hyatt or Marriott based on availability. WSIA may not be able to fulfill all requests for meeting space.
Attendees Registered/Maximum Square Footage of Meeting Space and Sliding Scale
Policies and Procedures
||approximately 500 square feet, or 4 rounds of 8
||approximately 1,000 square feet, or 6-8 rounds of 8
||approximately 1,500 square feet, or 9-12 rounds of 8
||approximately 2,000 square feet or 13-16 rounds of 8
On-site functions are allowed as long as they are conducted according to the policies listed below. WSIA must be informed of all on-site functions. WSIA has control of all meeting space at the hotels. If your function is on-site at one of the Marketplace hotels, an on-site Function Listing Form will be emailed to you along with your meeting space confirmation note. Meeting space cannot be requested on any function listing form.
1. Meeting space is available to registered members only. WSIA must have your firm’s completed registration material prior to releasing meeting space for your private function. Please submit the completed form to the WSIA office after you have registered the amount of delegates for the size of room needed. Meeting space is available at the Hyatt and Marriott. The cost of the meeting room is based on your set-up needs and food & beverage order. A $250 service fee per meeting room per day is due with confirmed hotel agreement. Meeting space cannot be held on a 24 hour basis.
2. Due to the limited meeting space available, firms must register at least 10 delegates to have exclusive use of a meeting room during the day. There is no minimum registration requirement for evening functions. Meeting rooms are limited. Forms will not be processed until the delegates are registered for the desired size of meeting room at the Marketplace. Please see the sliding scale for allocation of meeting space based on the number of delegates registered from your firm.
3. Meeting space will be located in a secure area. It will be necessary for all employees, planners and guests to be registered for the convention in order to gain access to your private meeting room prior to 5:30 p.m. No exceptions will be made.
4. Day meeting space is available from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
5. Evening meeting space is available after 7:30 p.m. on Monday and after 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday for receptions and dinners.
6. Only on-site functions are allowed Monday prior to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday prior to 7:30 p.m.
7. No functions or transportation to functions may conflict with the Opening Reception on Monday, September 11 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
8. All receptions that require more than an hour set-up time for décor and entertainment and require space for more than 150 persons will be placed at the Marriott. The Marriott will have adequate ballroom space and additional set-up time for receptions. WSIA will utilize all the ballroom space at the Hyatt for the Brokers’ Lounge and The Club.
9. Signage is limited to directly outside meeting rooms only.
Off-Site Group Functions
Off-site group functions are allowed as long as they are conducted according to the policies listed below. Functions are defined as meetings, outings, luncheons, receptions and dinners.
1. WSIA must be informed of all off-site functions and motor coach activity at the hotels via the Off-Site Function Form.
2. Only on-site functions will be allowed Monday prior to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday prior to 7:30 p.m. Off-site functions will be permitted after 7:30 p.m. both evenings.
3. No functions or transportation to functions may conflict with the Opening Reception on Monday, September 11 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Please schedule transportation to off-site events on Monday to begin no earlier than 7:30 p.m.
4. All day meetings are required to be held at a Marketplace hotel.