Consultative Selling and Negotiations
November 12-13, 2019 • Scottsdale, AZ
March 10-11, 2020 • Hunt Valley, MD
July 7-8, 2020 • Rolling Meadows, IL
November 17-18, 2020 • Scottsdale, AZ
For all brokers, managing general agents and underwriters who transact business and have relationships with clients
About the Program
WSIA’s Consultative Selling and Negotiations is a customized sales training program for any surplus lines professional who transacts business. The program is offered regionally throughout the year in small group settings, so participants receive individualized instruction. The program is co-produced by Richardson, a leading global sales training and strategy execution company, well-versed in sales training within the surplus lines market.
Consultative Selling and Negotiations is not about hard sales tactics. The curriculum prepares participants to develop relationships and place focus on their customers rather than themselves. In addition to discussing expectations in transactional relationships, the two-day program covers skills of selling and negotiating and insight into individual strategies and habits.
Learn more about Consultative Selling and Negotiations in the informational program brochure
Watch a short video
to learn more about Consultative Selling and Negotiations and what past attendees
have to say about their experiences.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for all brokers, managing general agents and underwriters who transact business. It is most beneficial to those E&S professionals who have relationships with clients.
Registration and Fees
- Registration is full for the 2019 Consultative Selling and Negotiations program in November. If you are interested in attending in 2020 and would like to be notified in advance when registration opens, please click here.
- Registration is $1,045 per participant.
- Registration deadline is October 15.
- Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the participant.
- Contact Denise Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
What Alumni Have To Say
“The small group setting is ideal for learning. Also, the role playing is structured in a way (small table groups) where you are not intimidated and can practice techniques that you are learning through the day. The class moves along at a pace that keeps you awake and engaged. Well thought-out and put together materials.”
Kristen Horlacher, Superior Underwriters
“The class itself really makes you think about every single interaction you have daily. It gives you the opportunity to slow down and develop your sales and negotiation skills. It helps you understand how carriers/underwriters and brokers do business every day and what they value most of all. It gives you the opportunity to develop your value proposition clearly and concisely.”
Trey Renno, RPS
Read more feedback from past attendees about their Consultative Selling and Negotiations experiences.
Schedule of Events
|Tuesday, November 12
|7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
|8:30 a.m. - Noon
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
|Wednesday, November 13
|7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
|8:30 - 11:45 a.m.
|11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
|12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
8877 N. Gainey Center Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Sonesta Suites Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch
7300 E. Gainey Suites Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Homewood Inn and Suites
9880 Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsale, AZ 85258
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale on Shea Boulevard
10101 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Participants should schedule travel to arrive on site before 8:00 a.m. on the first day and depart the training site after 2:30 p.m. on the second day. Please consider your travel time when making airline reservations.
Consultative Selling and Negotiations Program Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation through October 1, 2019 will result in a full refund, less a $50 processing fee.
- Cancellation between October 2 and October 15 will result in a 50% refund.
- No refund is offered after October 15, 2019.
- Should you cancel after October 15, 2019 you will have a limited time opportunity to substitute someone else at your firm as an alternative to the above refund policy.