Marcus Payne Advanced E&S
November 8-11, 2020 • St. Louis, MO
For E&S professionals with multiple years of surplus lines industry experience
About the Program
WSIA's Marcus Payne Advanced E&S curriculum consists of wholesale distribution issues and best practices, industry regulatory issues, marketing, the claims process, and the reinsurance impact upon the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry from top industry professionals who bring years of experience and expertise. Participants look at current industry issues and trends and leave with comprehensive information to apply immediately to strengthen any business. Networking and interacting with peers is also a valuable component of this program.
Wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry executives serve as instructors, and the program includes a variety of self-directed learning tools such as study groups, case studies, student led presentations, panels and informal networking sessions. Marcus Payne Advanced E&S curriculum places a primary emphasis on hands-on learning.
Read more about Advanced E&S in the informational program brochure
Watch a short video
to learn more about Marcus Payne Advanced E&S and what past participants have to say about their experiences.
Who Should Attend
The Marcus Payne Advanced program is designed for insurance professionals with multiple years of experience in the surplus lines industry. Past participants of WSIA's Excess & Surplus Lines program are strongly encouraged to attend. Completion of the WSIA Excess & Surplus Lines program is not a prerequisite.
Registration and Fees
- Registration for the 2020 Marcus Payne Advanced E&S program opens Fall 2020. Those wishing to be notified early to register for the 2020 program, should click here to join the waitlist.
- Registration is $1,300 per participant and includes hotel accommodations and meals on-site.
- Any questions regarding registration may be directed to Denise Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Alumni Have to Say
from past attendees about their experiences at Marcus Payne Advanced E&S.
Marcus Payne Advanced E&S Topics
* CE credits approved
2019 WSIA Continuing Education Credit Disclosure
- The Broker/Underwriter Relationship* - Discuss the dynamics in the placement of business between excess and surplus lines company underwriters and transactional brokers.
- Creating Surplus Lines Customer Value - Discuss the key elements of evaluating new appointments, and how to develop existing business relationships beyond account specific transactions between surplus lines brokers and carriers.
- The Devil’s in the Details* - Review standards and procedures to reduce errors and omissions exposures.
- Avoiding the Sting* - Recognize scams in the nonadmitted market and gain an overview of Stamping Offices with an update on key surplus lines regulatory issues.
- Reinsurance and the Specialty Marketplace* - Learn about current issues, trends and the impact of reinsurance on the marketplace.
- Conquering Financial Statements* - Review key financial metrics for brokers and carriers, overall surplus lines industry financial results, and tips to understand financial information.
- The Claims Experience* - Look at the surplus lines claims process, coverage and liability issues.
The program is filed for Continuing Education credit in the following states:
For states not listed, WSIA is happy to request CE in those specific states. Requests must be made in writing by registered attendees of the program no fewer than 60 days prior to start of the course. While WSIA cannot guarantee states outside of the above list will approve a course for CE in time for the program, 60 days is generally the time length for most states to complete the certification process.
2019 Executive Panel
- Troy Fornof, Western World, Vice President Marketing and Underwriting Operations
- Bob Greenebaum, CRC, Executive Vice President
- Kelly Carney, AmWINS Access, Executive Vice President
Schedule of Events
Registration and Room Check-in will be located at the Parkway Hotel. All other functions will be held within walking distance at the Eric P. Newman Center. This schedule is subject to change.
|Sunday, November 8
|4:00 - 4:45 p.m.
||Registration & Room Check-In (Parkway Hotel Lobby)
|4:45 - 5:30 p.m.
||Registration & Room Check-In (EPNEC Lobby)
|5:30 - 6:15 p.m.
|6:15 - 7:30 p.m.
|7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
||Opening Comments and Introduction
|8:30 - 9:15 p.m.
|Monday, November 9
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
||The Broker/Underwriter Relationship
|10:15 a.m. - Noon
||Creating Surplus Lines Customer Value
|12:05 - 1:00 p.m.
||Luncheon Buffet (Pictures 12:00-12:05)
|1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
||The Devil’s In The Details
|3:15 - 4:45 p.m.
||Avoiding the Sting
|6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
||Drinks & Casual Dinner (off-property)
|Tuesday, November 10
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
||Reinsurance in the Specialty Marketplace
|10:15 - Noon
||Conquering Financial Statements
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 - 3:15 p.m.
||The Claims Experience
|3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
|5:15 - 7:30 p.m.
||Reception and Hors d'oeuvres with Executive Panel
|Wednesday, November 11
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
|11:00 - 11:30 a.m.
||Final Evaluations, Certificate Presentation & Departure
Sessions are held at The Eric P. Newman Education Center, located within walking distance of the hotel, at the Washington University Medical Center.
Attendees stay at The Parkway Hotel, 4550 Forest Park Blvd., St. Louis, MO. The hotel is located on the campus of Washington University Medical Center and housing is handled by WSIA as part of the attendee registration process.
Students should schedule travel to arrive on-site before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 8 and depart the training facility after 11:15 a.m. on Wednesday, November 11.
Marcus Payne Advanced E&S Cancellation Policy
- Registrants can receive a full refund, less a $50 fee for processing, if the request is made by September 28.
- Registrants can receive a 50% refund between September 28 and October 12.
- No refund is offered after October 12.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing to Denise Marshall, email@example.com.