| Lana Parks
The Legislative Committee is dedicated to promoting the legislative and regulatory interests of NAPSLO members and the surplus lines industry.
NAPSLO members who would like more information about important legislative and regulatory issues should visit NAPSLO’s Legislative Advocacy & PAC
2016-2017 Committee Members
Neal Abernathy, Peachtree Special Risk Brokers
Erin Bagley, Coverys
H. Michael Byrne, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
David DeMott, GridIron Insurance Underwriters
William Evans, All Risks, Ltd.
Seth Fischer, CapSpecialty
Troy Fornof, Endurance
Hank Haldeman, The Sullivan Group
Larry Hamilton, Mayer Brown LLP
Amicia Hine, McClelland & Hine, Inc.
Alan J. Kaufman, Burns & Wilcox
Daniel F. Maher, ELANY
Yusuf Mayet, Worldwide Facilities, LLC
Benjamin J. McKay, Surplus Line Association of CA
Dan Moline, Northfield Insurance Company
Hugh Mooney, All Risks, Ltd.
Catherine Moran, AmTrust E&S Insurance Services
Clint Nokes, RSUI Group
David L. Ocasek, Surplus Line Association of IL
Bobby Owens, RPS Lexington
Joseph Powell, Powell & Roman, LLC
Vincent Pugliese, Vela Insurance Services
James A. Roe, Arlington/Roe
Jan Shemanske, Nautilus Insurance Group
Ernie Taylor, Century Insurance Group
Tracy Wade, Maxum Indemnity Company
Committee Staff Support
2016-2017 Committee Goals & Action Items
- Support NAPSLO Regulatory Principles and Uniformity Principles at the state and federal level.
- Support NAPSLO positions on NRRA implementation in all states.
- Represent NAPSLO membership before states and regulatory associations and advocate uniform standards as outlined in the NAPSLO Uniformity Principles.
- Work closely with NAPSLO’s Washington D.C. representatives to monitor important federal legislative activities that could impact the surplus lines industry.
- Arrange NAPSLO Legislative Fly-In to Washington, D.C. to educate members of Congress on various issues of importance to NAPSLO members.
- Support NAPSLO's involvement with governmental associations including NAIC, NCOIL, NCSL and CSG to advocate on behalf of NAPLSO members.
- Continue to collaborate with other trade associations, state stamping offices and state surplus lines associations to advocate on behalf of NAPSLO members.
- Report important state and federal regulatory and legislative changes impacting the NAPSLO membership.
Committee materials are available through the NAPSLO mobile app for Committee members.